Sunday 27 May 2012

The Lost LM Montgomery book: How I feel betrayed by society for not knowing of its existence

I have been, and always will be, a fan of LM Montgomery. In 1981 my grandparents gave me my first copy of "Anne of Green Gables". I say "first copy" because I read it to pieces (the last time I read that copy it was more tape than book). When I was 8 my parents took my brother and me on a summer vacation to PEI, including a visit to Green Gables and the Charlottetown Festival. I bought the other 7 Anne books that summer.

I can't even count the number of times that I've read those books. Easily more than 10 times (for the entire series). And while I haven't studied Montgomery's writings, like my friend over at A Fair Substitute for Heaven, I have read most of her novels and a number of her short stories.

So how the hell have I never heard of The Blythes Are Quoted???????????????????????


I haven't read it yet, but I purchased a copy for my Kobo. I'll let you know my feelings about it after I finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment