Tuesday 11 October 2011

Your Trying to Kill Me With You're Stupidity

I'm fairly reasonable.  Often.  Okay, sometimes.  But there are a few things that really, really drive me nuts.  Telemarketers, door-to-door furnace/water heater/religious people, and people who walk their dogs too close to my house (causing my dogs to go completely insane) are very high on my list of major annoyances.  Probably on the top of the list are people who can't use you're and your correctly.

I know I'm not alone in this.  In fact, there are MULTIPLE webpages dedicated to teaching people how to properly use "your" and "you're".  This one actually teaches it in 4 steps.  Seriously.  If you need 4 steps to figure out that "you're" means "you are", GET OFF THE INTERNET AND GO BACK TO SCHOOL.


There's also "to", "two", and "too".  And "they're", "there", and "their".  And "its" and "it's".  If YOU'RE TOO lazy TO pay attention TO what YOU'RE writing then you deserve to have YOUR ass kicked. IT'S not that hard TO figure out which form of the word TO use.





If you are reading this and don't know what I'm talking about, please step away from your keyboard.  Never type again.

Next up: Fun with the Oxford comma!

No comments:

Post a Comment