Friday 21 October 2011

This Week in the News! Oct 21 version

I'm finally home after spending a week in Montreal for work.  Montreal is a fabulous city (not that I saw much of it on this trip; I spent 9 hours minimum a day inside a meeting room at the hotel) but I am very, very happy to be home.  I know a lot of crazy things happened this week (the biggest being the death of Gadhafi), but I'd rather focus on the more random things that were newsworthy.  Well, maybe not really "newsworthy".  But they were in the news.

5. Shatner the Humanitarian; he donated his kidney stone to charity
Yes, William Shatner sold a kidney stone and raised $25,000 for charity.  I wonder how much he could get for his toupee.

4. John Lennon's Tooth Up For Auction
If William Shatner's kidney stone made $25k, imagine what John Lennon's tooth could make.  Side note: the tooth has spent the last 40 years in Canada.

3. Texas prisoners lose their lunch
Now when you go to prison in Texas you'll only get 2 meals on the weekend: brunch and dinner.  And if you're expecting a last meal before execution, you're out of luck (thanks to a white supremacist who ordered a giant dinner and didn't eat any of it).

2. Charlie Sheen will be Charlie Sheen for Halloween
In case you were wondering.  And you can be Charlie Sheen too.  All you have to do is buy an incredibly creepy mask like this guy:


1. It's my brother's birthday
Not really a news item, just a statement of fact.  

No comments:

Post a Comment